December 2014 Volume 3 Issue 12
Happy Anniversary, Code 7! Two years ago today we launched out with the goal of supporting law enforcement and bringing hope into their workplace. Code 7 is an organization that adds. We are continually adding services, support, and supplies that meet the needs of our local police officers. We add value to the individual lives of the officers we serve through chaplain presence, encouragement, and useful gifts. It is our desire to bring a blessing in some way everywhere we go.
We have made great progress over the last two years. Through the generous contributions of individuals, churches, and businesses, Code 7 has been able to demonstrate the love of God with the police officers.
Here is a review of some of the accomplishments of 2014:
· Provided 71,400 bottles of cold water.
· 37 families have been sent out for Code 7 meals at local restaurants and given communication- building exercises to strengthen them.
· 18 squad meals (food for the entire patrol unit, 6-20 officers) at the beginning of their shift.
· Inspirational Thoughts shared with 530 people (183 officers weekly) via email and a countless number of people through Facebook and the gocode7.com website.
· Appointed Chaplain of the National City Police Department.
· In a squad car or on scene with 79 different officers.
· Provided care and support for a police officer and his family as he suffered and died due to cancer.
· Visited officers at home and in hospitals when they were out with injuries and illnesses.
· Officiated the weddings of three officers.
· Welcomed 21 new officers to Chula Vista PD and presented them with a certificate pledging Code 7 support as well as a set of engraved handcuffs, a $100 gift certificate to California Police Equipment, and a Donny’s Café gift card.
· Met privately with officers and encouraged them through counseling and discipleship. Prayed with a pair of officers who gave their lives to Christ.
· Shared the Code 7 values and importance of supporting our officers with two churches and four groups during the year.
· Attended four training conferences that will enhance my service to police officers.
· Assisted a medically retired police officer start a new business by filming spots for his new police reporting phone app.
· Conducted a police survey that generated a great response from the officers as to how code 7 is doing. To explore the results follow this link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/results/SM-SXQFXBRV/
Plans for 2015 include:
· Gathering sponsorship and adding a refrigerator to a third Police station for the Cups of Cold Water (CCW) project.
· Continue educating on the stresses of police work.
· Developing relationships with more churches and civic groups to promote community involvement with police care.
· Continue strategically and financially ministering to the needs of law enforcement officers and their families as they continue to serve and protect.
Your support of Code 7 is very valuable. Thank you for remembering us in prayer and entrusting your finances into our care. Through your prayer and your financial support, we look forward to improving on last year’s great accomplishments and to reaching even more officers with the love and care of Christ.
As you give year-end contributions, please consider a donation to Code 7. We are a nonprofit organization, and all gifts are tax deductible.
Founder/Chaplain Code 7
Relationships are more important than personal accomplishments. D.S.